Monday, March 3, 2014

The Deck of Cards that is given to us.

Sometimes I wish it were different. I would wake up and not have the challenges I currently have still in front of me. I have those moments where I want my deck of cards reshuffled.

 For the record, I love my husband, I love my children and I love my family. But there are days where I wish I had all that, just playing a different game. There are times where having two autistic children is tough. There are times where having a child with ADHD is tough. And there are times where being military is tough. All of these factors make up my deck. There are days where I want to play all the spades, just so I don't have to deal with getting tag teamed by my children's special needs.Then there are the clubs. Where it feels like I have been beaten down by my cards.Its the diamonds and the hearts that keep this deck alive. The hearts remind me of all of the love that is shared and given. The diamonds are the good times. The joys, the victories. The moments that make this deck worthy. There are times where I feel that I am not playing with a full deck. Where there is more clubs and spades than there are diamonds and hearts.  Sometimes the deck is stacked against me and the house wins. But there are days where I luck out and the deck is dwelt in my favor.

Its a silly little analogy. I know.

We take our deck  that is given to us and we try to hard to sort them out. Hearts. Spades. Diamonds and Clubs. We sort them out accordingly.We do the best we can. Sometimes its a game of Go Fish and other times its a game of High Stakes Poker. In the end we just want to win the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment