Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Thoughts of a Military Child.

Today I am ghost writing. My son wanted to write something for my blog. So these are his words and my typing skills..

The Thoughts of  a Military Child

There are so many things that I would like to tell you about what its like to be a military child. The first thing I would say is that I am proud to be part of a Military Family. Some of the things I am proud about being a military child are:

I have a deployed parent that goes out and helps people when they are in far away lands.

My parent does a swell job at what they do.

Most parents travel to places and multiple times and cool stuff sent home.

When we have Veteran's Day and Memorial Day I understand those Holidays more.

These are just some of the things that make me feel proud to be a military child. But it isn't easy.

Sometimes when we move every so often, I start to miss my friends and when I get to a new state I am a little shy and sometimes don't always know how to make new friends.  

When my parent deploys it can be tough. It is hard to say goodbye. Sometimes I cry and that is ok.

Some kids don't understand why I am sad. They will make fun of me and say mean stuff.  But it also shows me who my real friends are.


I have some advice for those kids who are in a military family.

  • It's ok to feel sad, but don't be afraid to tell an adult how you feel. 
  • When your parent deploys, make a memory box of all the things you want to share with them.
  • Make a list for when they come home for R&R of all the stuff you want to do with them.
  • Always talk to them when you can. Write lots of letters. 
  • Make sure your parent feels loved and missed when they are deployed. 
  • When you are moving, always say goodbye to your friends. When you get to your new home tell everyone your name so you can make friends. 
  • And most importantly be proud of who you are and where you have come from. 

I hope that helps those out there who are my age or younger who feel a bit sad and lost. I want to let them know that I know how it feels.

Joshua


hi my name is josh i wrote this because some parents are gone for along time like my dad.
facts. i like Lego , MineCraft, batman , and butter swords.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment