Monday, January 13, 2014

I lost faith..

I know I said I was going to take a hiatus. Break. Vacation if you will from writing. I have had time to think about things. Things that are important. Well to me anyway...

I lost faith in myself.I had that self doubt that I couldn't write. I convinced myself that I was horrible at writing, based on the fact that I didn't think anyone read my posts. When I put out yesterday that I was going to take a break, the amount of support that came was overwhelming. It really touched in a way that it made me tear up.

When I started this blog, my intention was to offer support. To offer a laugh or a smile. To say to people that, " Hey, You are not alone.." I wanted those who felt that the experiences they were having were normal. The feelings that they were having were ok. Now I know I have blogged about a lot of stuff. Some of it was informative to some and not so much to others. I was willing to put myself out there and share an aspect of my life with the world. Like anything its tough to write about yourself and put yourself out there.

In all honesty, it comes down to me loosing faith in myself. The thought of "I can't do this.." Instead of " Hey, you know what? You CAN do this." If my writing reaches 1 person or 100, it will be ok either way. In a twist, loosing faith in yourself isn't a great message to give to your children. But its ok to tell them its ok if you need to take a step back and recharge. This applies to everything you do. And everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment