Monday, November 26, 2012

31 degrees is the perfect weather for Sandals...

It is one degree above freezing. Yes Daughter that is perfect for Sandals. I love the fact that you found where I packed up all the summer clothing and got out a pair of shorts and tank top to wear to school. Thinking this was going to be ok. If I had sent you to school dressed like that, I would have gotten a phone call from the school. Now I know you got some Canadian blood running through your veins, but Even this Canadian has to say, "Damn, Girl! Its too cold for shorts and a tank top." But you didn't stop there. After you got dressed in clothes that would keep you warm, you still had to ask if you could wear your sandals to school. Unless you want your toes to be numb and then turn blue, sure. Again I would be seen as bad parent. So no. Put socks and shoes on, before someone calls CPS.

Sadly this is not the first time I have had to argue with this child about putting clothes on. The kid doesn't like wearing hats or gloves either. It was a struggle the first year we lived here in MD and the kids had to  experience snow for the first time or what it was like to be cold. See We had lived in tropical paradises before MD.Hawaii and California.. So the sense of being cold was foreign to her. My eldest got it. If anything he would wearing three layers of clothes just to keep warm, while Little Miss was running round in just her drawers. Now my youngest, Little Man and his SPD, loves being hot.

Both kids Autistic, but yet completely different.. puzzle pieces.. to the same puzzle but different shapes...

No comments:

Post a Comment